Congratulations!! and Happy Baby-to-Be to you.
And Yay You for thinking early about your maternity session. Telling baby’s story from the beginning is such a beautiful gift for your baby.
So, when is best to schedule your session? It really depends on you! I want to capture this time for you when you are feeling your best. That typically is around 30-34 weeks. But listen to your body. If you are feeling great and your belly is not taking over – then we can schedule a little later. If you are blowing up like a Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon, let’s get you in early!! I want you to feel beautiful and we will definitely capture that no matter when we can get you scheduled.
The next big question to decide is Studio or Outdoor? Both photography sessions will result in beautiful pictures for you and your family to cherish. So how to choose?
Studio SessionsMy studio is located in Vineland, NJ. I serve Philadelphia, Delaware and the Jersey Shore. So what are the benefits of a studio session?
- The studio is packed with loads of options to provide everything you might need-or dream up- for your pictures. I have gowns, drapes, swaths of fabric, antique baby buggies & prams, benches and even a fainting couch. 🙂 What more can we dream up??
- My Studio Closet offers a wide collection of gowns to choose from. It’s very easy to schedule your session, and come in to choose as we want during your session.
- When we are in studio, my mamas feel free to wear as little as they want! My space is very private and we can create some stunning images with just a whisper of covering!
- I have a beautiful make up area designed for your comfort if you choose to work with my makeup artist and hair stylist.
- I also offer Milk Bath sessions. After a particularly challenging search for the perfect tub at an off-site location, I bought my own! My studio has a beautiful oval freestanding tub just for my sessions. If you choose a Milk Bath Maternity session, just schedule your booking, and come on over. I have everything we need for a private session for you, and your partner if you choose. We can create a dreamy feminine space in an all white setting with flowers…or create a dramatic stunning session with a dark mysterious setting. I might even be convinced to drag my tub outside into the surrounding woods….
- Scheduling is a breeze! No weather worries. I typically schedule maternity sessions after 2 pm on weekends. I am also available weekday evenings.
- I have loads of space to capture your family. All of my maternity packages include your immediate family. I’m a strong believer in siblings and partners being included in this exciting baby-anticipating event.
- I offer entertainment to distract little ones while you and your partner are busy playing models. Your children are right in your view and are safe, and you are able to relax (as much as a mom can!!) while we create beautiful portraits!
- I’m a former teacher and school administrator – I LOVE children. Nothing surprises me. So bring the kids too. Trust me, you are more worried about your children behaving than I am 😉
Outdoor SessionI have several locations that I use to capture beautiful outdoor maternity pictures. When the weather and light cooperate, outdoor sessions are magical!
- Outdoor sessions allow us to create portraits that are unique to you! Do you love the city vibe? or the woods? I have scouted locations all over Philadelphia and South Jersey for maternity shoots. We can work together to decide where is best to capture images that you will love.
- Outdoor sessions make use of lighting and natural and other landscaping aspects to create unique images.
- The Studio Closet is available as well for outdoor shoots. Just tell me the style and colors you like, and I will bring a selection of gowns to the session. I even bring a changing tent with me!! We can schedule a consult appointment as well if you would like to choose your gowns prior to the session.
- Outdoor spaces allow kids to run and offer a unique opportunity to capture the fun interactions between parents and children. I love to include everyone in a maternity photoshoot. Everyone in the family is expecting a new baby and everyone is excited. Capturing that joy is so important to baby’s story. Every maternity portrait session includes the immediate family.
- There is a caution about the weather. It does rain occasionally, and most mamas do NOT want to play in the rain. That said, I’d love to capture that dark image under an umbrella in the rain – so if you are game, call me! However, snow is magical!!! The snow sessions are very quick – but we capture magic.
- Outdoor sessions are scheduled to ensure the best lighting. That means, sunrise and sunset pictures. I haven’t had ANY mommies-to-be opt for a sunrise session! Shocking, I know….. However, sunsets are so lovely. I schedule your session depending on the location and time of year.
So, in the end, what makes sense for you and your family? Studio photography sessions are generally easier to coordinate and offer the widest variety of poses. Outdoor maternity sessions capitalize on amazing light and nature to create beautiful pictures for your family story.
Call me, and we can talk about what feels best for you!